EPDM rubber seals are made of Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, a synthetic rubber that is known for its excellent resistance to weathering, ozone, and extreme temperature ranges. This makes it ideal for outdoor use, such as in roofing membranes, pool covers, and window and door seals. EPDM rubber seals are also resistant to water absorption, making them a good choice for applications where moisture is a concern.
Here are some of the benefits of using EPDM rubber seals:
- Excellent weather resistance
- Wide operating temperature range (-40 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Resistant to water absorption
- Chemical resistant
- Durable and long-lasting
EPDM rubber seals are used in a wide variety of applications, including:
- Roofing membranes
- Pool covers
- Window and door seals
- Expansion joints
- Electrical connectors
- Automotive parts
- Industrial equipment
- Food processing equipment
When choosing an EPDM rubber seal, it is important to consider the specific application and the environmental conditions that the seal will be exposed to. The seal should also be the correct size and shape for the application.
Here are some of the factors to consider when choosing an EPDM rubber seal:
- Operating temperature range
- Chemical resistance
- Size and shape
EPDM rubber seals are a versatile and reliable sealing solution for a wide variety of applications. They are weather resistant, durable, and long-lasting, making them a good choice for both indoor and outdoor use.
Here are some additional details about EPDM rubber seals:
- They are made from a synthetic rubber that is compounded with other materials to improve its properties.
- They are available in a variety of shapes and sizes, and can be custom-made to fit specific applications.
- They can be vulcanized or heat-sealed to create a permanent seal.
- They are typically black in color, but can also be found in other colors.
- They are relatively inexpensive, making them a cost-effective sealing solution.
If you are looking for a reliable and durable sealing solution for your application, EPDM rubber seals are a good option to consider.